AvaTrade is one of the most reliable Forex brokers for South African traders. The broker is regulated by a couple of top tier regulators, which hare FCA (UK) and FSCA (South Africa). As a result, it is safe to trade Forex with this broker. Check below for some of the features that make this broker stand out:
- It offers maximum leverage of 1:400 per trade
- The minimum deposit is $100
- It is ranked 3rd among the best 14 Forex brokers in the world.
The platform’s business name in South Africa is Ava Capital Markets Pty. The broker is regulated and adheres to the various rules by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) of South Africa.
It has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and also has a global presence. The prospective Forex trader can access various instruments on this platform, including Cryptocurrencies, bonds, ETFs, indices, commodities and stocks.
- The company started operation in 2006.
- Its headquarters is located in Dublin.
- It is regulated by FSAC in South Africa, CBI in Dublin, ASIC in Australia, FSC in the UK and FFA in Japan.
- The various trading instruments accessible here are Forex, Stock CFDs, Crypto CFDs, Options, Indices CFDs. ETFs CFDs, Commodities CFDs and Bonds CFDs.
- The various trading platforms supported are Proprietary AvaTradeGo for web browser, iOS, android, Mac and PC, as well as, MT4.
Regulations and fund safety
The trading platform is regulated by various regulatory agencies across the globe.
- FSCA (Financial Sector Conduct Authority) of South Africa) in 2015. As a result, it is a safe investment platform for all South Africans.
- Financial Services Agency & The Financial Futures Association of Japan. As a result, there is adequate protection for investors’ funds on the platform.
- British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (BVIFSC)
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) in 2010.
- Central bank of Ireland in 2009.
As a result of this, the AvaTrade South Africa can be trusted to deliver good service and also protect the funds of the investors.
Check below for a breakdown does the various fees charged by this Forex broker.
- Fixed spread: The pip spread on this platform is fixed at 1.3 pips for EUR/USD. As a result, the trader investing in EUR/USD pair will never have to pay anything more than this each time he opens a position on EUR/USD.
- Zero commissions: Traders on this platform will have access to Zero Commission and this means they will pay no charge on trading aside from the fixed spread mentioned earlier.
- Swap fees: The trading platform charges swap fee, which is the fee you have to pay if you hold a trading position overnight. The net interest rate can determine how much you will have to pay as fees.
- No withdrawal or deposit charges: Trader will never have to pay any charge to Avatrade for deposit or withdrawal. As a result, you will get 100% of your withdrawal and deposit.
- Inactivity fees: You will be required to pay a fee if your account remains inactive for up to 3 months. The inactivity fee charged by Avatrade South Africa is 50 units of your base currency. Those who leave their accounts inactive for up to 12 months will be required to pay an administrative charge of $100.
The fees charged by this broker are transparent and highly competitive.
Types of accounts available
They are highlighted below:
- Demo Account: This is the practice account and it can be used by beginners to learn the rope and test the reliability of their strategies. The demo account has the same appearance as the live account.
- Live account: The broker offers only one type of live account. As a result, there is no confusion.
The live account offered by Avatrade South Africa has the following features:
- USD/EUR/GBP base currencies: You can choose any of these three when setting up your account. The base currency cannot be changed after you have set it up during the account registration process.
- Fixed spread: The platform offers fixed spread instead of floating spread on each trade
- Minimum deposit of $100.
- The order execution is also instant and this sets Avatrade apart from many others. There is, therefore, no slippage or re-quotes.
- Negative balance protection: This feature helps to minimize the risk that the trader is exposed your loss will be corrected to zero if it goes beyond your account balance.
You can use the various features above to determine if Avatrade is the best for you or not.
How to open a trading account with Avatrade
The process of opening an account with this broker is very straightforward and will not take more than just a few minutes of your time. Check below for steps to take when registering an account here.
Step 1: Click on Register Now
Navigate to the homepage of the broker and then click on Register Now. You can check the top left of the screen for the link.
Step 2: Sign up for free
You will not pay a dime sign up an account on this platform. You can simply sign up using your Gmail account.
Step 3: Provide your personal details
During the signup process, you will need to provide your personal details by filling a short form. You will equally need to select your preferred base currency and the Trading platform you prefer.
Step 4: Account verification
After that, you will need to verify your account by providing the required documents. The entire verification process will not take more than 24 hours.
Step 5: Fund the account
After you have verified your account, the next thing to do is to get the account funded before you can start trading live.
Trading instruments available
You can access over 250 instruments on Avatrade South Africa. Some of the instruments available are cryptocurrencies, stocks, bonds, Options, Indices, Commodities via CFD. CFD means Contract for Difference.
Available trading platforms
The available trading platforms are:
- Mobile platform: You can trade via iOS and android after downloading AvaTradeGo on your mobile device. It features the traditional MT4 platform.
- Desktop platform: You can also download the MT4 platform on your PC.
- Web trading: The Web Trading comes as an MT4 platform and you can trade with it without downloading anything. The proprietary platform, AvaOptions, is also available.
Available deposits and withdrawal options
Deposit and withdrawal methods
- Credit/Debit cards from MasterCard, VISA, etc.
- E-wallets: You can use PayPal, Skrill, Neteller and WebMoney.
- Bank wire transfer: You can transfer directly also from your bank to that of the broker and also receive payment.
New clients can also access various bonuses on this platform after making their first deposits. Take note that there is no recurring offer or bonus. The available bonus is 20% deposit bonus on minimum deposit of $1000.
You can communicate with the customer care agents during the office hours from 7 am to 11 pm South African Time Monday to Friday.
The various methods of communication are:
- Chat support
- Local phone number: You can call them via 27 (0) 10 023 0240 in South Africa
- Email support: You can send them an email via [email protected]avatrade.com
Is Avatrade reliable?
If you are looking for a broker regulated by FSCA, then this broker is the best place to visit. Those who are looking for a broker offering a fixed spread should also consider registering on the platform the fixed spread is also highly competitive. The deposit and withdrawal processes are also very easy.
On the other hand, the bonus offer is limited and the customer services lacks in some areas. Some end users have equally made complaints about the slow withdrawal process on the platform. The platform offers only MT4 trading platform but does not offer MT5 platform.